Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody use ichords2 software to figure chords on mp3s?

Notes_Norton

Has anybody used ichords2 software to figure chords on mp3s?

http://www.daccordmusic.com/eng/product.php?idProduto=42

If so, does it work?

I know I can download the trial version and see for myself, but before I bother, I'd like to know if any of the people on this forum have tried it, and if so, how good/bad it is.

Thanks,

Notes

I just installed the demo and tried it on one of my own songs.

It worked fairly well, but I don't know if I'd pay for it. The song I used was just guitar and vocal.

It got the chords fairly right, I'm sure my playing is to blame for some of the errors.

It gave a lot of variations. When I know I was playing (or attempting to play) a G chord, it would appear as G, Gm, Gm7, etc.

I'm sure it would be helpful, but you'll want to experiment with different variations.

Thanks.

I was hoping to use it to decode chords to learn songs with. Band-in-a-Box has that feature, but it gets about half the chords correct and others not-so-correct.

I know it is a difficult thing to do. Perhaps I'll d/l it and see if it does any better. It's a huge download though, and all I can get in this neighborhood is what they call DSL lite, which still measures in the Kbps :-(

That's the price I pay for living in a beautiful area of the world.

But I can feel the ocean breeze, it is going to be in the low 80s today, and the sun is shining.

Notes

Archived