Gibson Brands Forums

They're back! AJ-45 back at MF

stone1281734000

Just thought I'd give a heads up to those who missed out last December. Thing is they're back up to $400. But you might want to keep an eye on them anyway as last year the price kept fluctuating up and down till ultimately they sold the last of them at $149.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/product/reviews?base_pid=512540&rpp=10&src=3SOSWXXA

I'm just wondering where this batch came from? They were discontinued at the end of last year. Did they find an unaccounted for batch in the warehouse?

Hey...does anybody know what's up with Musicians friend always listing the AJ masterbilts twice with different prices, one showing out of stock and one showing in stock, but not necessarily coordinating to the price.

They also list an "Aj500R" and than an "Aj500R Advanced Jumbo" as if they are different guitars?????

I can't figure that out

-confused

Hey...does anybody know what's up with Musicians friend always listing the AJ masterbilts twice with different prices' date=' one showing out of stock and one showing in stock, but not necessarily coordinating to the price.

They also list an "Aj500R" and than an "Aj500R Advanced Jumbo" as if they are different guitars?????

I can't figure that out

-confused[/quote']

Its because they don't have a Musician/Guitarist working as their Web/Portal/Catalog-master, person.

Matter of fact I'm starting to think they're hiring philosophy is to NOT hire musicians. I live in Oregon, where their Corp HQ is located, and I've seen a few good jobs get posted that I qualify for and have applied too. I mentioned in my Cover Letter that a) I live in Oregon and B) I've been a customer of theirs and play guitar...etc.

NO RESPONSE.....;) :-

I've been hearing a lot of BAD things about them lately which is too bad. They've been pretty good to me in the past when I've made the random purchase here and there.

Hey...does anybody know what's up with Musicians friend always listing the AJ masterbilts twice with different prices' date=' one showing out of stock and one showing in stock, but not necessarily coordinating to the price.

I can't figure that out

-confused[/quote']

Sometimes its becasue one listing is for the older, satin finished models, and the other model is the newer gloss model.

A MF customer service rep told me that if the list price is higher on one, they still may be including the case with it (but not adverising it as such). MF reps don't always have all the right info, though, so I wouldn't bet on that. But it's worth a call ib a case by case (no pun intended) basis to ask, and have them verify.

Archived