Gibson Brands Forums

Differences between AJ, DR, EF Masterbilt series

Arillio

its best to go on their site and see for yourself. but a little info, the aj is advanced jumbo dr is a dreadnaught and ef is for fingerstle[sort of like a auditorium but not sure about the size comparisons. i have the aj which i prefer over the dr. the front bout is smaller and more easy for me to play. the ef will have larger nut[spacing between strings] and strings are probably spaced farther apart at the saddle for fingerstyle. but go to epiphones home page and there is more info.

Thx for posts. I understand now what AJ, DR and EF means. I know that there is some info on the official page, but maybe players can say something interesting about sound of guitars with different combination of wood. What model do you like/prefer and what don't. What kind of music sounds good on specific models. Just discussion about Masterbilts differences, of corse if you want.

I like the rosewood better it has a deeper bass sound ,I try a aj and dr at the same time,my brother was with me and thought the same as i did the aj a little louder and basser ,but over all the dr sounded better,i also try gibsons.taylor martins and about 15 other guitars we both though the dr was the best of the bunch i bought it $500 some of the other were 1500 and 2000 dollar guitars.

Archived