Gibson Brands Forums

Hard case for Sheraton

aznxtasy341

I can't speak for that particular case but I have a couple of Gator cases, and they are very nice. They also have very good support. I bought a case for one of my amps and the retractable handle wasn't working proberly. I emailed them and they sent out a new handle the same day.

I did just buy an Epiphone 335 case for my Dot and Sheraton. I need to get another one. They are very similar to the gator cases in that they have the arched top for more support and 5 latches, but it says Epiphone. It looks like the price just went up on them though, I think I paid $70 for mine a few months ago, they are $80 now, but they are also very nice cases.

I have a Bigsby on my Dot and I don't have any problem getting my Dot in the 335 case. It fits like a glove. I was concerned about that when I got the case too. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem with the Gator case either.

my old Epiphone 335 case is crapping out so i was wondering if you guys had any luck with maybe some nicer high end cases?

ive been looking at the Gator GW-335 case:

http://www.gatorcases.com/productsmodeldetail.aspx?LID=2&PID=114&MID=347

anybody have experience?

by the way: Its also got a Bigsby b7 on it' date=' so that comes into play too.[/quote']

Bigsby shouldn't be a problem, but make sure there's enough room to accommodate the long Epi headstock. There should be a little clearance.

the description reads that the total length is 42.5" where my epi with bigsby is about 44" am i correct in this measurement.. which means the case will be too small for it?

edit: now im not sure if i can trust the online numbers.. as the descriptions for the Epiphone case says they 43" long, which would mean that my sherry doesnt fit the case, but it obviously does, as i have a case that it fits.. im confused..

do you think it will fit?

the description reads that the total length is 42.5" where my epi with bigsby is about 44" am i correct in this measurement.. which means the case will be too small for it?

edit: now im not sure if i can trust the online numbers.. as the descriptions for the Epiphone case says they 43" long' date=' which would mean that my sherry doesnt fit the case, but it obviously does, as i have a case that it fits.. im confused..

do you think it will fit?[/quote']

Might, might not. That's why I said make sure. Forget your measurement, look at the measurement of the cases. The Epiphone case is 1/2" longer. There you have it!!!

I have probably 15 ES-335 style cases, and my Sherry and Lucille only fit properly in the Epiphone cases. A well fitting Epiphone case is better than a expensive case that doesn't properly fit.

Ideally, you want to try you're guitar in the case you're buying. But you're buying on line, so you're looking for some validation from us. And then you provide us measurements that you yourself can't "...trust the online numbers." Call the dealer, ask him will it fit. If he's not sure, don't buy it. If he says it will fit, ask them if they'll back it up with a guarantee, shipping paid both ways.

And make sure there's enough room, you can and probably will do damage to your neck if the case is too tight. There has to be a gap between the headstock & the case.

i just recieved an email from gator cases and they said they werent sure but were positive that it fits an epiphone dot. so what the difference in Headstock size between the dot and the sherry?

-Nolan

Nolan' date='

You're going round & around looking for the forum members to tell you that it's going to fit when the company itself can't tell you for sure. No one here can answer the question for you. No one is going to take that responsibility.

You live in Chicago, right??? They have music stores in Chicago??? Email gator and ask them who stocks those cases. Take Sherry down to one of them and try it out. It's going to be close, but you got to make sure because you can't jam it in without risking damage on the neck. If the headstock is pressing against the inside of the case

[center']You will do damage!!![/center]

Now you want this case, fine. Buy it!!! If it's a little tight, jam the sucka in. Or do what Gerry Mardsen did to his Rick-12, cut off the end of the headstock so it fit in his travel case.

Great idea!!! Why didn't I think of that? ]

You never heard that story??? Gerry & the Pacemakers had special travel cases made for their equipment' date=' when they were packing for their American tour, they discovered that the Rick wouldn't fit. I've heard that if you look at their Ed Sullivan performance of [i']Don't Let the Sun[/i], you can actually see the damage done.

i just recieved an email from gator cases and they said they werent sure but were positive that it fits an epiphone dot. so what the difference in Headstock size between the dot and the sherry?

-Nolan

I did some research for you. This is from a Harmony Central review:

One note I?ll put in here. GtrCtr had no case that would fit the oversized headstock and had to order a real Epiphone case.

Archived