Gibson Brands Forums

Discontinue Deluxe G 400?

SG1973

I just recently sold my Epi SG special and a Peice of junk Rogue 50 watt solid state amp for $150. My plan is to save up for this awsome G-400 that I just have to get my hands on. It's the deluxe with the flamed maple top(sun burst). My local guitar shop has one used and they've got $545 on it. I ran the serial# on it, and it's an 05 model. Was this guitar originally more expensive? I've looked on line and I've found it at all of the web sites for $399. I also found one new on ebay for $379. The guy selling it claims that Epiphone is doing away with the deluxe line. I did notice that the trans blue and red are now $329. Has anyone heard anything about Epi discontinuing this line? If so, I need to get my but in gear because I really want this guitar and my better half wouln't be too happy if I went out and shelled out $400 all at once. (She has agreed to let me create a G.A.S. relief fund, which is now accepting all donations)

The deluxe G-400 is no longer listed on the Epiphone website. I think they're gone.

That's a shame. This guitar is what got me interested in buying an Epiphone in the first place. Didn't buy it in the end, as the Les Paul ended up being a much more comfortable fit for me than an SG, but I've loved that G400 since I first saw it, and have always longed for it. It's always nice to see an SG in something other than Ebony and Cherry, and this one looked particularly nice and unique.

Archived