Gibson Brands Forums

the quality of my epiphone

brnslvs

hello! I'm from argentina and my english is a little poor... but...

I've got a epiphone les paul with serial I 00113073

and in a page I found that my guitar was made in Saein Plant, Korea. November 2000

I like to know the quality of my epiphone knowing the place of his construction.

and one more question... there is a "epiphone les paul" indication but nothing about the model (custom/standar)

... only says - gibson - what it means?

thank you!!!

bye..

javier

I have an I model Les Paul Custom that also was flawless from top too bottom.

When I diisassembled her for the p'up change I noticed a 1/4'' cap on a Mahogany body. Just short of 9 1/2 lbs and feels similar to the weight of the actual Gibson LPC I owned in the 80's. and with a bit better binding work on the Epi.

Saein seems to make many of the Sig's Ive seen also. Excellent quality IMO.

One wonders what the boys at that Saein plant could have pulled off with some premium woods. It's true, the Saeins tend to be among the best Epis made, right there behind the old Samicks. Saein pretty much came to be as a result of Epiphone's patronage; now that production has shifted over to QingDao in large part Saein has turned to their own proprietary line of guitars.

http://www.saein.co.kr/

...I'm sure they are excellent products.

I have an I model Les Paul Custom that also was flawless from top too bottom.

When I diisassembled her for the p'up change I noticed a 1/4'' cap on a Mahogany body. Just short of 9 1/2 lbs and feels similar to the weight of the actual Gibson LPC I owned in the 80's. and with a bit better binding work on the Epi.

Saein seems to make many of the Sig's Ive seen also. Excellent quality IMO.

My Ultra is from Saein and you can see where the maple cap extends 1-2mm below the body binding, as is common among Gibsons. Pretty much flawless construction, I can't find anything wrong with it.

My Ultra is from Saein and you can see where the maple cap extends 1-2mm below the body binding' date=' as is common among Gibsons.[/quote']

Hate to burst your bubble but that cap is most likely alder or just a different cut of 'mahogany'. The maple on Epiphones is only about 1/32" thick.

Archived