Gibson Brands Forums

No serial on epiphone dot?!

jdizzle1989

Here is a good question for you...having it for a while...you must like it and how it sounds and plays.

why worry if it is fake or not now? Epi's (beside just a few) will never be collectables...just good playing guitars at a reasonable price for the most part. So don't worry and just enjoy your Dot.

This whole "fake or real" subject I think has gotten out of hand. I know folks want as good a deal as they can get, but if you are going to buy it off Ebay or craigslist, just gonna have to take the chance it may be counterfiet. That one out of 100 may be fake ain't bad odds.

Just MHO on the subject.

Captmidnight

Yeah, I think there are way too many people having a knee-jerk reaction and crying "fake!" every time they encounter the slightest variation from the norm... ("I bought this off eBay and it has speed knobs!! Is it fake??!!")

There are fake Epiphones... They do exist! But it's not a freakin' EPIDEMIC!!

Yeash! People think every third Epiphone they see is a counterfeit!

Yeah' date=' I think there are [u']way[/u] too many people having a knee-jerk reaction and crying "fake!" every time they encounter the slightest variation from the norm... ("I bought this off eBay and it has speed knobs!! Is it fake??!!")

There are fake Epiphones... They do exist! But it's not a freakin' EPIDEMIC!!

Yeash! People think every third Epiphone they see is a counterfeit!

LOL...that cracked me up!

All the "fake-threads" seem epidemic tho... someone please make a fake-FAQ and stick-y it...please

haha good one, obviously i meant 700 pounds sterling! im happy with my dot it's just my amp im not happy with, i have a line 6 spider 100w at the mo( urghh i know) and i mainly listen and play punk rock(e.g. rise against) and i just want to know what sort of tube amp would come close to that sort of sound

around here line 6's are our kindling...

I'd say a marshall jcm 2000, i guess...

a lot of my punk rock friends use dem amps, and the other guy in my band has a jcm 2000

me, not so much, but i'm a different case altogether...

I'm not sure how pounds or quids or britzy bucks equate into dollars... but they aren;t all that expensive, especially finding one used

haha good one' date=' obviously i meant 700 pounds sterling! im happy with my dot it's just my amp im not happy with, i have a line 6 spider 100w at the mo( urghh i know) and i mainly listen and play punk rock(e.g. rise against) and i just want to know what sort of tube amp would come close to that sort of sound[/quote']

Have you checked out the Vox Valvetronix XL line? the XLs are geared more toward high gain amp models... Any Valvetronix amp will blow the doors off a Line 6 Spider, really... I don't know what kind of wattage you're looking for, but I reckon you'll spend a lot less than 700 pounds on one..

BTW, pissedoffepiowner... One British pound is about $1.80-$2.00 US.. Depending on fluctuations in the exchange rate... Last time I checked, it was closer to $2.00.

Archived