Gibson Brands Forums

Where the hell did Slash go?

bluefoxicy

The official release date has been delayed to April 1. See the "News" section on the Epi website: here's an excerpt.

Gibson Guitar Announces Exclusive Opportunity To SHRED LIKE SLASH On April 1, 2008

First Ever Offering of New Gibson and Epiphone Guitar Models Produced in Co-Operation with Legendary Guitarist Slash To Release Simultaneously

Nashville, Tenn…February 7, 2008… Gibson Guitar, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and leader in music technology announces the first ever availability of a series of “Slash” signature Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul Standard electric guitars. On Tuesday April 1st 2008 three very limited and unique models of the Slash signature Les Paul guitar will be released simultaneously around the world. Each guitar model has been designed and produced in close co-operation with the legendary Velvet Revolver guitarist, Slash. For the first time ever, the Slash models will be available from Gibson Custom, Gibson USA and Epiphone offering consumers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to own a guitar inspired by Slash. On April 1, 2008 at 5pm US EDT select dealers will offer a limited number of these models for sale. Once they are sold out, they will not be reproduced.

Gibson Custom will release their Slash Inspired By VOS (Vintage Original Spec) guitar, Gibson USA will release their Slash Signature Les Paul Standard model and there will also be an Epiphone Slash Les Paul Standard Plus packaged with exclusive Slash inspired accessories. All three new guitar models will combine individual design features while Slash’s own personal touches create a unique instrument destined to become another instant classic.

I don't understand why he went with the tabaco sunburt when almost every picture out there has him with either a cherry vintage sunburst or a gold top (Kind of like the Gibson slash custom that will be offered). But anyways, I was guitar center yesterday and talked to a gibson/epi sales rep and this thing is going to be awesome. I just wish it weren't out of my price range. Oh well, I love the way my studio sounds and may be the next LP will be Slash sig series.

I don't understand why he went with the tabaco sunburt when almost every picture out there has him with either a cherry vintage sunburst or a gold top (Kind of like the Gibson slash custom that will be offered). But anyways' date=' I was guitar center yesterday and talked to a gibson/epi sales rep and this thing is going to be awesome. I just wish it weren't out of my price range. Oh well, I love the way my studio sounds and may be the next LP will be Slash sig series. [/quote']

It is his favourite color =)

http://www.gibson.com/slash/video.html

It's an awesome guitar. Slash's sound is all sustain, long neck tenon and hard wood do that. The graphite nut means way easier tuning and better tuning stability through bends and such (dude I used some 0.5 Pentel hi-polymer to dust the nut on the Special II, it's like a new guitar!). The pickups are great, the tuners are great. Replace the strings with DRs or Fender Silver Bullets, and wax it with Dunlop 65, go wild.

Funny I've so far hear one (1) Guns 'n Roses (Welcome to the Jungle) and one (1) Velvet Revolver (Slither) song... I prefer the lead guitarist's sound in Guns 'n Roses. So far, I'm not a VR fan.

I just don't think it looks as good as some of the other finishes. Its still gonna be a hell of a guitar. Can't wait til it comes out so I can give it a try. As far as was he better with GNR than he is with VR. I wasn't old enough to see him in GNR but I have seen him twice with VR and he's still awesome. I have all the CDs from both bands and Appetite and Contraband are by far the best of the lot.

Archived