Gibson Brands Forums

Spotted Another Epi but I can't believe where

alcorn429

to be honest, I never get the feeling gibson is trying to sweep epiphone under the carpet...there's a lot of promotion,

and major tie-ins to musicians like slash, mccartney, lennon, etc...now the elitist line, that's another story

I would be interested to see what percentage of total sales (in dollars' date=' not in guitars) Epiphone makes up within the Gibson family of brands. Anybody have an idea?[/quote']

Epiphone sales represent the lion's share of sales. Sure, they sell a lot of Gibsons but they sell a ton of Epis.

One of the older Gibson catalogs has a pic on the opening page with a kid playing an Epi LP PeeWee. And the 2003 Epi catalog has a pic of Bob Marley with his Gibson LP Special but they cropped the headstock.

Epiphone sales represent the lion's share of sales. Sure' date=' they sell a lot of Gibsons but they sell a ton of Epis.

One of the older Gibson catalogs has a pic on the opening page with a kid playing an Epi LP PeeWee. And the 2003 Epi catalog has a pic of Bob Marley with his Gibson LP Special but they cropped the headstock.[/quote']

Yup... Will It Go 'Round In Circles?.....You learn guitar, buy an affordable Epi, GAS for a Gibby, sell your Epi AND your eye teeth to buy the Gibby, find out there ain't THAT much difference, kick yourself in the *ss for selling the Epi, sell your Gibby, buy three Epi's mod 'em to the teeth and have money left over, then end up here with all the sensible players....Gotta love it.........J

Archived