Gibson Brands Forums

Is there a Epiphone George Harrison Les Paul?

Ricochet

I believe thats John soloing on For You Blue with George say" Go Johnny Go"

...oh yes, you're right, I remember now. Lennon played it on a hawaiian guitar (with a shotgun shell, according to rumour...)

I guess George's slide style changed over time, because if you listen to "Free as a bird" from the mid-90's - (although some might question why on earth you'd want to do that!) - he plays a good bluesy slide figure.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...oh yes' date=' you're right, I remember now. Lennon played it on a hawaiian guitar (with a shotgun shell, according to rumour...)

I guess George's slide style changed over time, because if you listen to "Free as a bird" from the mid-90's - (although some might question why on earth you'd want to do that!) - he plays a good bluesy slide figure.[/quote']

Hey, I like what they did with those two (Free as A Bird, Real Love) raw "Lennon" tapes.

And, as always...George played to/for the song!

"It sounds just like them!!" LOL!

CB

The other thing (for me) about "Beatles" songs...is they "grown on you!" Quite often,

some songs catch fire, right away...burn hot, and then that's it. With Beatles songs,

(again, for me)...the more you listen to them, the more you hear/appreciate them.

Sure, there are "tossers," but every band/artist has those...and always have had.

CB

Hey' date=' I like what they did with those two (Free as A Bird, Real Love) raw "Lennon" tapes.

CB[/quote']

I remember that Free as a Bird received "mixed" (to put it politely) reviews in the UK at the time of its release. It sort of passed me by, as Paul Weller's Stanley Road album was released around the same time - and that's what I mainly spent the last few months of 1995 listening to...and beyond.

Mind you, Free as a Bird shares a distinguished honour along with Strawberry Fields Forever - both Beatles' singles which were kept off the top of the British chart by some other rubbish. In the case of Free as a Bird it was Whacko Jacko's Earth Song, in the case of Strawberry Fields Forever it was something truly horrific by an old-school crooner with the ridiculous stage name of Englebert Humperdinck, a Granny's favourite entitled Please Release Me (shudder.)

• 2 weeks later...

Question for "Lucy"-lovers...

We all know it had a Bigsby B7 at one time. On pictures of the LP-top you can see the old Bigsby-screwholes have been filled and touched up nicely.

lespaul1lr8.jpg

What I don't get is why a pic of a GH-replica(presumably correct) showed 4 screwholes(the B7?) around the strap-button. So why haven't these been filled? Or was it fitted with another tailpiece(Trapeze maybe?) after the cherry-refinish before deciding on the regular stud-tailpiece?

Archived