Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to Identify an Epi Sg I just Bought Need Help

skylightsgreen

I recently bought a nice Sg from a shop here in town. Did a trade for an entry level ibanez that just wouldn't stay in tune anyways. Did a serial number lookup that says it was made in 94 at the Samick plant in Korea. Here's what i cant figure out about it. It has a set neck Small pick guard open humbuckers dot inlays on the neck. also a small black heart in between the pickups that looks like its under the finish or original. Has 4 knobs and is the worn cherry finish. Whats confusing me is that ive searched everywhere and cant find out what model this is. The shop wrote the receipt as a g310 but i know the g 310 didnt have a set neck and did have a full pick guard. But a g 400 should have the trap inlays. IS anyone familiar with this model ??? ahh the confusion. Any help would be awsome. Thanks

Tom

I recently bought a nice Sg from a shop here in town. Did a trade for an entry level ibanez that just wouldn't stay in tune anyways. Did a serial number lookup that says it was made in 94 at the Samick plant in Korea. Here's what i cant figure out about it. It has a set neck Small pick guard open humbuckers dot inlays on the neck. also a small black heart in between the pickups that looks like its under the finish or original. Has 4 knobs and is the worn cherry finish. Whats confusing me is that ive searched everywhere and cant find out what model this is. The shop wrote the receipt as a g310 but i know the g 310 didnt have a set neck and did have a full pick guard. But a g 400 should have the trap inlays. IS anyone familiar with this model ??? ahh the confusion. Any help would be awsome. Thanks

Tom

Does it look like this???

g-400.gif

That's a mid 90s G400' date=' here's a link to the 1995 Epiphone catalog with the specs.

That is it exactly but my finish looks a little more worn(nicer) Not a bad find for 50 bucks plus my ibanez rg 170 hey. Needs some new Tuning machines but other then that she screams pretty good. What would you guys recommend for tuners?? Grovers ? Thanks for all the help there I searched everywhere but couldnt find a pic of my rig. Thanks Jerry

Archived