Gibson Brands Forums

Rattlesnake Guitar

I can't find any Troy Stetina music, just tons of books he's written on guitar talking about being a musician. He improvises on some of the exercises and sounds awesome when he does... apparently he HAS 3 CDs out, but I can NOT find them on Amazon.

Been looking for some good metal these days, liking Dragonforce. Maybe it's time to start messing with the indie kids and seeing if they point me at any hot non-signed bands?

Why didn't you include an Amazon link? This thread is relevant to my interests!

funny-pictures-rabbit-eats-thread.jpg

I must be old and creaky...to me good metal is Ronnie James Dio's Holy Diver' date='or Last in Line.

Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers

Yngwie J Malmsteen's Odessy

Iron Maiden Piece of Mind

Almost any Ozzy album...[/quote']

OK...just this once...YEAH BABY!

Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers

Nice inclusion, but I think DP's best "metal" years came before that album... "Machine Head", "In Rock", "Burn", etc... Practically anything between the third (self-titled) album and the departure of Ritchie Blackmore... I saw them on the Perfect Strangers tour though, and it was pretty intense! Now Blackmore's playing a mandola and doing medieval minstrel music..

Lerxst wrote:

"Nice inclusion, but I think DP's best "metal" years came before that album... "Machine Head", "In Rock", "Burn", etc... Practically anything between the third (self-titled) album and the departure of Ritchie Blackmore... I saw them on the Perfect Strangers tour though, and it was pretty intense! Now Blackmore's playing a mandola and doing medieval minstrel music.."

I'd have to agree to a point...I like Perfect Strangers and the follow up album after, Deep Purple managed to recreate themselves for a whole new generation of fans in the hair metal days,without sounding old fashioned at all.

I grew up listening to Machine Head....that may be a Perfect Album.....

Archived