Gibson Brands Forums

need product code for guitar warrenty? help please

mrjones200x

Hi there i brought my guitar new and wanted to sort out the warrenty but the last thing i need to fill in is the product code and i havent a clue so hope yous can help;

Heres my guitar info;

Epi Les Paul standard plus top in honeyburst serial number ee070302648

Many thanks

I wouldn't worry about it, the warrenty is a joke. Read it closely and you'll see that there's really nothing it covers except maybe dry-rot in the wood and even then they'll probably find a way to make it your fault.

The Epi toggle switch is crap and the warrenty will cover replacing the crappy switch with another crappy switch.

I've played a LOT of Epiphones and the most consistent BAD feature is the Crappy switch. I don't know why they don't spend another $5 to put in a good switch.

I've Never played a Gibson with a bad switch so I know that good switches exist.

I think my BP just went up a few points.

I wouldn't worry about it' date=' the warrenty is a joke. Read it closely and you'll see that there's really nothing it covers except maybe dry-rot in the wood and even then they'll probably find a way to make it your fault.

The Epi toggle switch is crap and the warrenty will cover replacing the crappy switch with another crappy switch.

I've played a LOT of Epiphones and the most consistent BAD feature is the Crappy switch. I don't know why they don't spend another $5 to put in a good switch.

I've Never played a Gibson with a bad switch so I know that good switches exist.

I think my BP just went up a few points.[/quote']

Do you have an actual reason and/or experience to support your contention that the "warrenty [sic] is a joke"?

Do you have an actual reason and/or experience to support your contention that the "warrenty [sic] is a joke"?

People think the warranty is a great thing for the same reason you asked your question, they don't take time to read and understand what it says.

You asked if I had a reason, yes; I said "Read it closely and you'll see that there's really nothing it covers except maybe dry-rot in the wood".

You asked if I had an experience, yes; I said "The Epi toggle switch is crap and the warrenty will cover replacing the crappy switch with another crappy switch".

And here's the best part: "value not in excess of the original purchase price". So if you purchased an Epi back in 1980 for say $100, and today it falls apart, Epiphone will replace it with a guitar that is not worth any more than the $100 you originally paid. So much for your Lifetime Coverage.

And just so everyone knows, the Gibson version of the warranty is no better.

So, don't purchase a guitar thinking the company will take care of it for you. Make sure the guitar is a good instrument before you buy it and learn how to care for and properly adjust it. Learn to make basic repairs to the electronic components and you won't need the warranty service.

http://www.gibson.com/products/epiphone/warranty/warranty.html

Your reason/experience is understood but not based upon an actual experience with a warranty claim to Gibson/Epiphone, only what you read into the warranty verbiage and having had a crappy switch. I read about at least two instances here where a defective instrument was replaced by G/E. I'm not defending G/E here, only wondering why you're giving baseless advice to another forum member. If you have ever read any other warrantees, the limitations stated are often quite similar to G/E's. The strength of any warranty is how it is honored in practice, and your statements do not reflect that.

Hi there i brought my guitar new and wanted to sort out the warrenty but the last thing i need to fill in is the product code and i havent a clue so hope yous can help;

Heres my guitar info;

Epi Les Paul standard plus top in honeyburst serial number ee070302648

Many thanks

Product code should be ENSHBCH1

Archived