Gibson Brands Forums

Off topic, but funny.

oldpriest

I was looking at used guitars from the 70's and 80's and came across a Peavey T-15 with the oak body and all original with the hard shell case. It is selling for $395.00. I think this is funny because they are saying how rare they are now and you don't see many of them. When I bought mine(with the hard shell case) I bought it in a pawn shop for less than $100.00. If I didn't have mine right here I would have sworn they were selling my guitar! I just thought it was ironic that a guitar not too many people liked when they were new is now suddenly "rare" and worth about as much as a new one would have been in the 80's.:-

oldpriest,

The USA made Peaveys are getting a bit pricey now adays. I just got the Reactor (1994) about a month ago for less than 200 with shipping, already going for more now on ebay when you can find them.

Great Tele clone with plenty of that Tele twang. Got new tuners coming ( the old ones stay in tune just feel sloppy) the neck is unbelievable!

I would post a picture...but when I do I get ban for a week...lol

Capt

ps...the 1st Peavey I ever played belonged to a preacher, it was the T-60, was a beautiful guitar.

I sold my T-60 a year ago for $350 with the original molded Hartfield case and it s alot more guitar than the T-15. I've regretted it ever since. The guy I sold it to just got $400 for it on my local CL. I would get another one. The way the tone pots roll off to split the coils is pretty cool. If Peavey reissues it, they'll find someway to screw it up. I don't care much for their newer guitars. One of my dreams is a Peavey Cropper. Now those are hard to come by. The T series i have seen on ebay and CL usually average about $350.

Archived