Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestion For Speakers

Hi all. hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I have been thinking of using a G12H with my valve junior but there are three different versions available (I'm in the UK by the way). There is a G12H, G12H Heritage and G12H Anniversary. The G12H and the G12H anniversary are around £40 ($80ish) but the Heritage is almost double that. I'm tempted to go with the Anniversary but just wondered if anyone had any experience of these different models.

Another one I have been considering is the Tube 10 but I have yet to find anyone who has tried one. Anyone?

I've modded my VJ with the Fender style mods but play a Les Paul through it (it's a 1991 Orville by Gibson custom with Gibson pickups) and was thinking of building an open back cab for the speaker. Any opinions about that?

My OBG is the only Les Paul which sounds good through my VJ. I find humbuckers tend to sound muddy but I am going to add some switches to caps 3 and 4 as I believe they are the ones which can make a difference there. I also have an early Eastwood Les Paul with P90's (made before Eastwood started doing the retro guitars they are now known for) and that sounds absolutely glorious through the VJ.

Cheers,

Ian.

Archived