Gibson Brands Forums

musicians friend no longer sucks to me.

evol04gt

in march some of you may remember me getting the digital 8 track tascam dp1 for 199 on freak clearance..well it was backordered twice and MF asked if i wanted to exchange for a diff product... i inclined to wait (most recent promise was 6-20..) i was gonna shell out the extra 100 for the dp-2 tascam, but i would have rather used that 100 towards an amp or some pickups... so i decided to renew the backorder...

just got an email that they are shipping the dp-02 tascam for the same price because tascam has none of the dp-01s instock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! total happiness.. i may have waited almost 3 months BUTTTTTTT they made it right... only bad part is that i thought i already paid for it back on march, but i hadnt since they didnt have any.

i cant wait to start recording with it as soon as it comes in! should be sometime next week!!! too bad i have mon and tuesday off!! surely wont get it till later in the week.

im still debating buying an epi lp special to make a jr out of it... the only cheap ones i can find are the ugly lighter color.

in march some of you may remember me getting the digital 8 track tascam dp1 for 199 on freak clearance..well it was backordered twice and MF asked if i wanted to exchange for a diff product... i inclined to wait (most recent promise was 6-20..) i was gonna shell out the extra 100 for the dp-2 tascam' date=' but i would have rather used that 100 towards an amp or some pickups... so i decided to renew the backorder...

just got an email that they are shipping the dp-02 tascam for the same price because tascam has none of the dp-01s instock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! total happiness.. i may have waited almost 3 months BUTTTTTTT they made it right... only bad part is that i thought i already paid for it back on march, but i hadnt since they didnt have any.

i cant wait to start recording with it as soon as it comes in! should be sometime next week!!! too bad i have mon and tuesday off!! surely wont get it till later in the week.

im still debating buying an epi lp special to make a jr out of it... the only cheap ones i can find are the ugly lighter color.[/quote']

Unlesss you feel like you NEEEEED a new jr, I'd go for the '57 reissues they did last year, used.

Solid mahogany instead of "tonewood'(mystery meat) for neck and body.

P-100 instead of a crappy humbucker.

im a lefty... im screwed for good cool guitars cheap

Well, there's always restringing it lefty, might be a little harder to keep in tune, but epi juniors are famously tuner-needing anywho so just get a grover set and put the on backwards. hendrix did right handers this way. I'm not so sure whether or not the input jack would be in your way, but it's gotta be interesting for lefties, ya?

nothing a lefty hates more than someone saying, just restring it)..... nothing is more uncomfortable than an upsidedown guitar.. if it werent for my sheer determination when i was growing up, i would have quit playing guitar after years of doing yee ole hendrix style.

even my 335 copies that i have picked up over the years dirt cheap, i have swapped the electronics around and had new nuts made.....

dont mean to sound rude.... but its something lefties have to hear all to often.

Well my guitar teacher plays 'em left handed, but doesn't even resting it, he drilled a hole for the strap button on all his, always play right handed ones leftie.

But, he's a-freaking-mazing.

White dude with dreads, plays every instrument there is.

that makes me want to cry... he is missing out on soooooooooooooo much comfort... oh well...it hapens.

lol.

He'd have to string a lefty guitar righty... lol.

I mean, he knows chords inside and out, but he'd have to re learn almost every song he knows.

yeah, and never seen him even try a whammy bar, so dunno about that angle.

Archived