Gibson Brands Forums

Need Advice

gothsloth

Hi Guys. I am looking at buying another Epi. This one is a Les Paul Black Beauty. The serial num is F6090223. It gets a low rating on Guitar Dater Project because of its wiring. Is this a common feature with this model? Would appreciate some feedback on this before shelling out my hard earned on it. Thanks guys.

Hi Guys. I am looking at buying another Epi. This one is a Les Paul Black Beauty. The serial num is F6090223. It gets a low rating on Guitar Dater Project because of its wiring. Is this a common feature with this model? Would appreciate some feedback on this before shelling out my hard earned on it. Thanks guys.

Are you basing this on that one person's complaint?

Personal opinion?

I think you'd be better off with a custom if you like that black tuxedo finish. That's a personal opinion.

In truth...I've never seen too many instances where people fall in love with these guitars that have "all 3 pickups" wired in like that. Sure, they look cool, and to be honest as a leftie I've never had the chance to play one...but as far as the humbuckers go...

Do you really need more than 2? You can even get fancy (just with those alone) ala Jimmy Page with those push/pull pots.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am now not going to buy this guitar. I will keep looking as I do prefer the wine red or sunburst colours. Colour is not the main criteria but while in the market for a new axe I will try to get as close to "guitar nirvana" as I can. Damn GAS gets hard to live with at times lol.

Archived