Gibson Brands Forums

Nut dimensions on an LP standard.

Big Norm

I looked into ebay to find a "tusq" nut for my friend's Epi Les Paul Standard... Do you know if a Gibson size will fit or do I have to find one especially for an Epi ?

As we are talking millimiters, it's hard to measure precisely the size on the guitar, compare to the ones they are selling, since it looks that there is only a half to1 mm difference.

And while we are in nuts size, I owned an Ultra and might want to change it too...so I don't think it would be the same size?

Anybody have an answer for this ?

Having a hard time measuring your nuts, Norm?

The Gibson nut should fit in both cases. It should be 1 11/16" (1.6875") wide. About 43 mm. They do list the Ultra at 1.65" (42 mm) though (which is really weird), but 38 thou isn't exactly a huge diff. Couple of swipes with a file will do if you find it hanging off the sides.

I looked into ebay to find a "tusq" nut for my friend's Epi Les Paul Standard... Do you know if a Gibson size will fit or do I have to find one especially for an Epi ?

As we are talking millimiters' date=' it's hard to measure precisely the size on the guitar, compare to the ones they are selling, since it looks that there is only a half to1 mm difference.

And while we are in nuts size, I owned an Ultra and might want to change it too...so I don't think it would be the same size?

Anybody have an answer for this ?[/quote']

Why not just buy a Tusq nut designed specifically for Epiphones from Graph Techs website?

Why not just buy a Tusq nut designed specifically for Epiphones from Graph Techs website?

Thanks for the info...I did'nt know it was existing...But as I lived in Canada, I will have to check if they ship overhere...

Archived