Gibson Brands Forums

Finally snagged a new Elitist SG in Cherry

JefferySmith

Yeah.. but note that the Japanese Elitists on that site (which is not a current site) have the same Grover tuners ours do... but the one Jeff bought has the vintage keystones. And AFAIK the current Japanese Elitists still have the poly finish and they now have the same non-Gibson headstock. And the SG is no longer available, just like here.

• 4 months later...

Beautiful guitar but this is not an SG Elitist. I have the same guitar in black and it is an Epiphone 61 Reissue made in Japan. I think they stopped making them in 2006. Really like it though and I think it is a nicer looking guitar than the Elitsist. Great pickups too. Cannot go wrong with either one. I also have an Elitist LP and that has the Epiphone headstock and kidney tuning pegs. The Epiphone 61 Reissue made in Japan is the 2nd from the left and the Les Paul Elitist is to the right. Can see the difference in the headstock and tuning pegs. Guitars.jpg

Beautiful guitar but this is not an SG Elitist. I have the same guitar in black and it is an Epiphone 61 Reissue made in Japan. I think they stopped making them in 2006. Really like it though and I think it is a nicer looking guitar than the Elitsist. Great pickups too. Cannot go wrong with either one. I also have an Elitist LP and that has the Epiphone headstock and kidney tuning pegs. The Epiphone 61 Reissue made in Japan is the 2nd from the left and the Les Paul Elitist is to the right. Can see the difference in the headstock and tuning pegs. Guitars.jpg

I find it funny that all of your guitars are based off of one brand's products (Gibson), but they all have different headstocks =D>

Archived