Gibson Brands Forums

1999 LE Les Paul ES Opinions ?

bluesstringer

What can you all who have Les Paul Es's tell me about them ? I had never played one until today, or seen one in person for that matter. I played one today that was for sale, a Korean 1999 by the serial number, has the LE logo on the back of the neck A+ asthetic condition.

I don't know if it's just me, the neck was okay, it played well, I wasn't impressed by the sound but I obviously could handle the changes to take care of that.

It just didn't feel very substantial. Extremely light, body block at the bridge looked smallish to me., f-holes are almost too large. Any thoughts or opinions of them by you guys that own/play them ? I have to admit some intrigue. I also will have to research reasonable used pricing if I even consider buying it. Thanks - this usually isn't a question I would ask but I really am not very familiar with them.

It just didn't feel very substantial. Extremely light' date=' body block at the bridge looked smallish to me., f-holes are almost too large.[/quote']

Well, it is a semi-solid. So expect it to weigh less than either a Les Paul or even a Dot, since it's a lot smaller. Also the ƒ holes will appear overlarge since, once again, the body is Les-Paul sized.

With I decent set of pickups I'd bet it'll be a good-sounding guitar.

Blues...I don't own one, but while browsing a vintagedealer-page the other day I noticed them selling for anything between 600 en 1200 bucks depending on state and make of factory. Dealer had about six and sold them all! Sorry I can't be of any more help!

Archived