Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement toggle switches?

JefferySmith

I hate to say anything anti-Epi on this forum, but the big plate on the toggle switch with "Bass" and "Treble" on it looks just plain cheap. Everything else on the guitars seem upscale, but I don't like that toggle plate. Do any of you know of any replacements that might be the same size but not have those words emblazened on them in plastic?

my guitar plate on the toggle switch reads rhythm and treble. some just remove them and clean the glue off with lighter fluid. my toggle plate is black in color blanding in with the black sunburst.

You're right. That shows you how much I look at the things from a playing angle. But with so few positions, the names aren't needed. I haven't looked to see if the guitar's finish extends below the plate. If it does, that's a fine way to deal with it. No plate at all is better than an ugly plate, and I don't need the reminder (as I no longer play "rhythm"). Thanks for the tip.

Or you can replace it with a classier looking plate from Stewart-McDonald.

There's a "rhythm/treble" plate on my Gibson Les Paul. I like it for the window into the thinking of the designers, just like the little metal indicators that show you where your volume or tone is turned to to.

I just move stuff around until it sounds good, and I think 99% of the players I know do the same.

Archived