Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE LES PAUL STUDIO CHAMELEON

alfsboy

Just seen an add for these guitars in the UK .Changes color according to light .not my cup of tea.They also say the mahogany body is thicker than usual .Also shown is the Gibson Les Paul Jnr amp which at 399 UKP I can probably do without as well ,however highly it is rated .

Thanks for filling us in on what your interests aren't.

The chameleons I've seen are standard thickness. I admit there is a certain 'effeminate' quality to them; they are perhaps better suited to lady players, right up there with the pink guitars. I dunno.

I think he might have meant the thickness of the neck, not the body; but I could be wrong. As RotcanX already

pointed out the bodies on the ones he's seen are standard thickness. When I was trying out Epi Les Paul's at

Alto Music in Middletown, NY, I found, to me at least, the necks on the LES Studio to be a bit chunkier than on

the other regular Les Paul Standards, be they Plain-Top or Plus Top. The color thing on the Chameleon version

of the Studio is probably more of personal thing whether you like it or dislike:-k . I'd say if you intend upon keeping

something like that for a period of time, it had better be something you like. I think my biggest turn off is that

the ones they had had been "hanging around" (couldn't resist the pun.:- ) and it affected their setup, plus the

strings were pretty played out. That's why I didn't even bother playing it through an amp. I'd have to hear one that was set up nice and had new strings. Then maybe it would have been a possibility. Instead I opted for my Les Paul

Standard Plain-Top VS which sounds great both acoustically and through an amplifier.:D

The original idea for the Epiphone Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar was to create a somewhat lower-priced Paul by dispensing with some cosmetics. The result was an especially clean, handsome guitar with all the Les Paul essentials. The response to this guitar has been so great, Epiphone just keeps coming up with new ideas for it! The Chameleon has "flip-flop" finish paint the color changes ending on the light you're in. This is the perfect guitar under the stage lights!

This Studio has been given a thicker body that matches its namesake, hot open-coil humbuckers, a set mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, and mahogany body with carved top.

above is the blurb from GAK about the LP studio chameleon mentioning the thicker body .I am interested in the little amp but not at the price of 399 UKP .

The original idea for the Epiphone Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar was to create a somewhat lower-priced Paul by dispensing with some cosmetics.

Actually' date=' [i']technically[/i], that's the original idea behind the Gibson Les Paul Studio. The original idea for the Epiphone was to offer an affordable version for the riff-raff. 8-[

Archived