Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200CE

Just Strum

My only issue with the guitar is why I'm posting. Twice now' date=' the electric jack/strap knob has come completely unscrewed and dangles from the body of the guitar. Even with the large soundhole and jumbo body, my arm is too thick to reach down in there to thread the nut onto the jack and tighten it. I tried using needlenose pliers, but that didn't work either. I'd rather not take it to a guitar tech if I can help it. Is there a particular tool that is used to thread that nut? Does anybody have the same problem. or have a different fix?[/quote']

Next time you change strings, make sure you have someone around with a smaller arm that can reach in there.

I love my EJ-200CE. I've added a GraphTech Tusq saddle and bridge pins' date=' along with heavier strings (.12 - .56) and the guitar sounds better than ever. I always get major compliments on both the appearance and sound of it from other guitarists.

My only issue with the guitar is why I'm posting. Twice now, the electric jack/strap knob has come completely unscrewed and dangles from the body of the guitar. Even with the large soundhole and jumbo body, my arm is too thick to reach down in there to thread the nut onto the jack and tighten it. I tried using needlenose pliers, but that didn't work either. I'd rather not take it to a guitar tech if I can help it. Is there a particular tool that is used to thread that nut? Does anybody have the same problem. or have a different fix?[/quote']

I know there is a cheaper method, but here's one

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Wrenches/Endpin_Jack_Wrench.html

Thanks for the quick replies.

Stone: that's how I got it fixed the first time. Unfortunately, it seems that I don't know many skinny-armed people, and I'm a little shy about walking up to strangers and asking them if they can help me thread a nut on my jack!

Strum: Thanks for the link to Stewart-MacDonald. That's a great site. I'm going to order that wrench first thing tomorrow.

Hey, Just Strum, imagine seeing you here =P~ . I leave for Kansas for 6 weeks and when I get back I find you and you have a huge number of posts--always good to see old friends! I suspect most of your activity must have been on the electric board b/c of that Dot you have! Epiphone changed the forum software recently and a lot of the posts on the previous forum seem to be unavailable, I was pretty active on the electric board before the switchover.

Anyway, my advice is to check out the Masterbilts like the others advised! They are reported to be one of the best bang for the buck values in the industry. Good luck getting one--read my thread regarding the AJ500RC for which I have been GASing for years now!

BTW, I still have Swingin' Sally, have now received my Breedlove custom shop guit, getting more and more!!

Great to see you here, buddy =D> !

YerDugliness

Archived