Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - Goldie arrived!

Dave

Too funny! I hope she understands that about your guitar fetish..er.. G.A.S.

And if you plan to be around for many more years' date=' then 11 may even not be enough.

[/quote']

I just turned 45, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'm about halfway on the journey.

Eleven guitars is not enough...I just have to wait awhile until acquiring another one. Difficult...so difficult!:-({|=

Congratulations' date=' Dave!

I am still digging my Gold Top after 5 months. I don't have a nickname for it...I just call it 'The Gold Top'.

Too bad your wife doesn't like the look of it. My wife's reaction was funny. I bought my GT off of eBay from a guy in Brooklyn. I didn't clear the transaction with the wife, so she was mildly displeased with me. O:)

When it arrived at the house, it came in an SKB hardshell case packed in a box. While I was opening the box and unpacking it, she was telling me, "OK, mister, you're [u']done[/u]. This is it. Eleven guitars is enough. I don't care how beautiful this guitar is..." At that moment, I opened up the case.

She looked at it in silence for about six seconds, and said, "...it's really beautiful!"

I should have bought a case with this one. I have an SKB ATA case for the flametop and a New York manufactured case for the Gibby Studio and a Gibson Gig Bag that came with the Studio. They are just going to have to share until I get around to buying another case.

Mine came in a cardboard Epi box packed in a bigger MF box. When I picked up the shipment, I could feel the Epi box sliding back and forth in the shipping box. (cringe) When I opened it up the foam in the Epi box was shattered into little pieces next to the bridge end. Evidently, it had been slid into a truck and the box hit something that made it come to a sudden stop. No damage, though. There's was not a scratch on it and I can't see any evidence of headstock damage (it hit on the other end, but I had to examine it closely). If I had know they would have packed it in the case, I would have jumped for a case when I ordered it.

If I had know they would have packed it in the case' date=' I would have jumped for a case when I ordered it.[/quote']

Glad it arrived without a scratch Dave. As far as ordering the case and expecting

the on-line stores to pack it, you would have to give them specific information to

do that and even then who knows. I ordered a LP Special II and a Epi case from

Sw**twater expecting that..but the case and the guitar arrived in separate boxes

by UPs..no damage.

Glad it arrived without a scratch Dave. As far as ordering the case and expecting

the on-line stores to pack it' date=' you would have to give them specific information to

do that and even then who knows. I ordered a LP Special II and a Epi case from

Sw**twater expecting that..but the case and the guitar arrived in separate boxes

by UPs..no damage. [/quote']

That would be my luck. I obsessed over ordering a case when I ordered the guitar, but couldn't justify in my mind to spend the $119 for another SKB or to spend $49 for the Epi or $89 for a gator. I finally decided to sit on it and just order the guitar. I didnt' know that they would pack it in the case for you if you asked. That might have solidified my decision...

The Gator sticks in my mind as a good case for the money. Anyone have experience with the Gator? I read one review where a guy had his LP in one in the back of a truck (not good), went over a rough spot in the road and it popped out. The car behind him ran over it and when he opened the case, there was not a scratch on the guitar. He said the case looked rough but it protected the instrument.

Ok' date=' I think I have it now. Easy once I figured out which link to copy.

This is my collection. The heritage cherry LP is the one I installed the Pearly Gates pups in and it's also the one I did a fret dressing and level on.The Strat is a '79 USA model that I bought new. The Wine Red Studio on the left is a '92.

And, of course, there's Goldie in the middle after her long ride with the UPS guy.

[/quote']

The only guitar that I have coveted and not bought yet is a rootbeer Gibson Les Paul Studio. But that cherry LP is really attractive.

You realize that trumpet players, French horn players, and flute players don't have to go through this! They are playing instruments. We are playing instruments as well as works of art. I'll bet you that Rampal did not have flutes hanging on his wall!

Archived