Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-150BK

jimwhitend

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem :'(

About a year ago i received a guitar that was labelled AJ-150BK.

I can find no information about it but have been informed that there is such thing as an AJ-150EB.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am looking to sell it but don't know what price to put it at.

Thanks,

Dom

AJ is an Advanced Jumbo so it won't fit in the PR section, and I believe it is a sloped shoulder jumbo, with select spruce top,mahogany back/sides, ( don't know if its a laminate but more then likely ) considered a beginner guitar so not a lot of value except to have someone start playing ( a decent beginner ) what you might sell it for ( not much unfortunatley, very soft ,market right now, try selling locally )Ship

Saw a black one, AJ-150EB ("Ebony") on a European site. Are you in Europe or England?

Epiphone USA only lists the AJ-100...but, they don't always show models that are available in

Europe or Asia. It is a "beginner" guitar, but should be fine, for learning and even beyond.

Mahogany back and sides, spruce top (it didn't say solid or laminated), rosewood fingerboard,

bound neck, etc. 110 Euro's, on price...at that site.

CB

Here is the information you're searching for.........

it's an "independant dealer model 2009

http://www.epiphone.com/press/IdnModels2009.html

Peter

Google was my friend[biggrin]

Well, that's the black one...but, without the neck binding. The one I saw, had a bound neck,

and plastic buttoned tuners. I suppose it depends on which factory is making that particular model,

at any given time, as to what you'll actually get?! ;>b What do you think..."Made in Indonesia," maybe?

CB

I found a guitar yesterday at a local dealer that had AJ on the trc but I didn't look at the model number. It was only $129.00 bucks. I trhought about getting it but I didn't try it or anything. I'll probably check it out tomorrow. I looked on Epi's website and I couldn't find one like it. It had the vintage sunburst finish just like the John Lennon acoustic/electric I just got. The finish was just like it and I was thinking that it looked really nice. I looked at the price and couldn't believe it. I don't know if its the same model as the one you just got but it looked like a great guitar for the price. The finish was a heck of alot nicer than the finish on my Fender CD 60.

Another german store shows this guitar

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Epiphone-AJ-150-EB-Limited-Edition-Ebony/art-GIT0016991-000

...with white bound neck.

I guess all that entry level axes are made in Indonesia nowadays

Peter

Yep...that's the one I saw' date=' originally.

And...LP Fan, there was an AJ-200 some time ago, that was very much like the EJ-160E, but without

the trapazoid fret makers (Dots instead) and no pickup, of course. Otherwise, it was the same

shape (Slope Shouldered Dreadnought), and came in Vintage Burst, or "Natural!" Don't think it

was [i']that[/i] inexpensive, but it was really reasonable. It will be interesting to see what

you find out.

CB

Hey CB they had the AJ-200 for $199.00 and the other one for $129.00 was an AJ but I forgot the model number. It was like the AJ 200 but didn't have binding on the neck like the AJ-200. The body binding was also a little more detailed on the AJ 200 and they both had "dots" for the fretmarkers. They were both nice and sounded good for the money but then I thought " Wait a minute, they Hummingbird Artist Series is on sale for $249.00 right now at MF". So i asked my buddy if they were gonna get any in and he said they were already on order and they should have them soon. So I am going to wait for one of those and thats probably gonna be the next girl added to the collection. Can't wait.

Archived