Gibson Brands Forums

gfs pickup combo for epi?

Stevie Nazarenie

i decided to go for a gfs pickup. i can put this in my chinese epi to try out. i ended up buying a neck dream 180 by mistake. i thought i had a bid on a bridge but oh well... when i get it i will just try it and see what it performs like. if i really like it i may just go for a bridge dream 180. i don't mind getting them seperate as we have silly vat laws. and the vat will not be applicable if the cost of the item is less than £18 or so. any way i usually play delicate stuff on my bridge pickup with the volume down as it is more clear and i prefer this sound but i also want high gain when i turn it up on this pickup which makes it a little difficult in pickup seslection. if i can get away with the dream 180 for the neck soft playing i may go for a crunchy rail for the bridge but how ell matched will they be if i do this? and can you get away with cleans on the crunchy rail also.

Your question may be best put to GFS. In my experience, they know their product and are prompt to email answers for tech and tone questions. Best of luck seeing this before Epi kills yet another GFS thread.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

I agree, ask the man. Jay is quick to answer the questions.

Post a pic of your guitar - quick!! That may still save the thread from deletion =P~

The Dream 180 was the only GFS pickup I personally didn't like, I literally gave it away. It was totally unlike the Mean P90 that is for me just what the doctor ordered. Great cleans and crunch.

I think the rail won't be the best choice for balance with the weak neck pickup.

if i get enough clarity and sparkle i'll be happy with it for the neck position for what is more mellow stuff anyway. crunchy rail for the bridge for lead and maybe cleans? not a good combo? oh well i guess ill have to wait and see. they don't have an mp3 of it. but from what i read it seemed to be sparkle and clarity. i could get away with week and just add some comp or dist i guess. i'm still tempted by the rail. just need the moolar.

Archived