Gibson Brands Forums

Why does everyone prefer ABR-1's?

Geetar_Axl

...And why do you need a rosewood base for them. Also whats up with those TP-6 Tailpieces' date=' someone here has them one their guitars from what Ive seen?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20Gear/Accessories/Replacement%20Parts/Bridges%20_amp%3B%20Tailpieces/

Thanks!

[/quote']

The ABR-1 were standard equipment on the earlier Lesters, The Nashvilles came later.

The Rosewood base is for attachment to arch-top/Hollow body I believe.

The Tp-6 is to give some fine tuning capabilities, with those lil thumb screws.

It all boils down to a matter of variety and preference.

Some prefer blonde, some brunette, some redhead.

So ABR's hold tuning better or something? and what do you mean Fine Tuning for the TP-6?

Thanks for your help :)

Fine tuning on the TP-6 can be achieved using the black circular thumb screws located on the bridge' date=' similar to using the tuning key on the headstock, an added option.

For more info check here;

Tune-o-matic

I don't. I prefer the TP6, it allows quick tuning that an ABR1 doesn't provide. See pic below:

300826693.jpg

The Blue one's got the TP6. Look in the "What Pickups Are These" thread, and that's a TP6, albeit an early variation.

Some prefer blonde' date=' some brunette, some redhead.[/quote']

I like them all... blondes brunettes redheads asians latinas ebonies... is that wrong? should i look for proffesional help? [-o<

As for the TP6 i have one in my gibosn and a tp6 knockof: Schaller fine tunning tailpiece in my epi. I dont like guitars with trems unless they are bigsby or stetsbar (dont have any stetsbar loaded guitars yet). So I will put the tp6 on any guitar im buying from now on as it makes it very easy tu tune your guitar, Im selling all my "trem" guitars... I like the stop tail-bridge configuration way more.

You should try the TP6 is a very good mod to your gibson and it is gibson so you are not putting some "licensed" or different brand stuff in her. I put a schaller to my epi cause she is an epi and the schaller looks kind of classy.

The Gibson:

TP030.jpg

TP040.jpg

The Schaller:

79___Feinstimmer.jpg

Both on guitars:

guitarras2-1.jpg

Archived