Gibson Brands Forums

need help in identifying this gtr....and hopefully buying one!

icicle777

ok, so being a total n00b dunce here (and being about 3am), i couldn't figure out how to add a pic to the post, so i just made my avatar the pic of the gtr i'm searching for.

from the details that i got from the guy on e-bay and from the serial # (lost the bidding war to a sneaky sniper at the very last second as always), it's a 98, from the korean plant, and his receipt said, i quote, "epiphone elite - f hole".

can't really find anything that suggests there was an elite model made semi hollow, looks more like a semi-hollow custom to me, but what do i know...?

any help would be greatly appreciated in an exact id of what model this is. and if anyone might miraculously have one for sale out there (preferably nyc, but anywhere in the u.s. is ok) please let me know also.

thanks everybody in advance!

quick thnx to epiphone:

my main gtr right now is a black korean made epi standard with some mods (bare knuckle bkp-91 p-ups, bigsby, schaller roller bridge, blah blah blah), got and modded back in '03, and i've been a firm epiphone supporter since. it plays, stays in tune, (yes, even with the bigsby), holds intonation (again, yes, even with bigsby), and sounds waaaay better than my friends gibson les paul studio that he paid some ridiculous amount for....which he readily admits, and is insanely pissed about. sweet! thanks epiphone!

That is a Epiphone Les Paul Elite ES, not to be confused with the early Elite or later Elitist-series. They were made in the late 90s, but the model never really took off.

thanks ricochet! did some poking around for Epiphone Les Paul Elite ES's and it's exactly what they are. now i'm super pissed about that a**hole that sniped me on e-bay for it...

That is a Epiphone Les Paul Elite ES' date=' not to be confused with the early Elite or later Elitist-series. They were made in the late 90s, but the model never really took off.[/quote']

As you already know, it is the ES. I hate it when the person snipes your bid in the last few seconds, one of the few real flaws of eBay. Well I thought I would stop by and fuel your GAS by posting these pictures:

EPEL041041_1.jpg

photo1_85955.jpg

photo1_71fba.jpg

photo1_55d5e.jpg

..Mission Accomplished. [-X

As you already know' date=' it is the ES. I hate it when the person snipes your bid in the last few seconds, one of the few real flaws of eBay. Well I thought I would stop by and fuel your GAS by posting these pictures:

[img']http://exceptionalguitars.com/images/catalog_photos/large/Semi-Hollow/EPEL041041/EPEL041041_1.jpg[/img]

photo1_85955.jpg

photo1_71fba.jpg

photo1_55d5e.jpg

..Mission Accomplished. =P~

That's a pretty cool guitar. Bet that it must get a fantastic sound and tone... now I have gas.....

GC

oh man....you guys are killing me....killing me! :-({|=

i got a chance to play one a few years back (should've bought it then darn it!), and it handled brilliantly, lots of headroom before the usual semi-hollow feedback, and just about the sexiest looking epiphone i've ever seen.

*sigh*

and yes....last second snipers on e-bay makes me want to take a bloody machete to their fingers. oh no...i'm not too disgruntled. #-o

lovely lovely pics though. i know what i'll be dreaming of tonight....

I never bought from this outfit' date=' but it might be the only place you'll find one.

http://exceptionalguitars.com/inventory/index.php?subcat=9

Heres another link.

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/DealerStore.aspx?Dealer=34f6fe84-a0be-4087-94a2-a12e2f2e0cbd[/quote']

thanks for the link. exceptional guitars is pretty cool, wish i'd known of it's existence sooner! looks like the only one they have left is a slightly pricier model going for about $1200....juuuuuust a bit out of my price range. appreciate the help from everybody, if anyone thinks of anything or anyone else, please feel free to keep posting. i can definitely use all the help i can get with this one!

I tend to be one of the "last second ebay snipers"8-[ .

Everyone knows that there will be a flurry of bidding the last minute or so. So why run the bid up before the last few minutes? I wait until a minute left on the auction and enter my highest bid amount. Everyone has the option to enter their top bid amount at any time. Some choose to do it early, I choose to sit back and watch the action and then take my shot with only a minute left. Patience maybe?

If you know what you are willing to pay for something then it should not be that hard to just enter it in. Then you don't have to worry about being sniped, just outbid. I figure that if I get outbid, then the winner either wanted it more than me or was willing to pay more for it.

By the way, I have a natural quilt Xavierre that looks like these guitars. I dropped a set of SD 59s in it and it has the sweetest tone, nice playing too. I would rather have an Epiphone though, especially since this is the Epi forum.

Those are some pretty guitars, except the cherry SB. I've never been able to warm up to cherry SB.

I tend to be one of the "last second ebay snipers"8-[ .

*runs after 51xt33 with a bloody machete!*

lol...i kid, i kid....

frankly, i never really used ebay very often, so i guess it was bound to happen. thanks for the ebay tips...next time i see something i like i think i'm going to have to succumb to trying the snipe technique.

Archived