Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera P-93 LE owners...what do you think, by now?

charlie brown

Has this guitar been discontinued or will it be back in stock on March 27th?

Sorry for asking, but I posted this question earlier in another P93 thread but it was never answered. Ideally, I would like to purchase one when they come back in stock, but it appears I might have to go the trade route. So, would anyone who owns one of these been interested in a mint 06 Epiphone Sheraton II with a hard case?

Has this guitar been discontinued or will it be back in stock on March 27th?

Sorry for asking' date=' but I posted this question earlier in another P93 thread but it was never answered. Ideally, I would like to purchase one when they come back in stock, but it appears I might have to go the trade route. So, would anyone who owns one of these been interested in a mint 06 Epiphone Sheraton II with a hard case?[/quote']

Welcome, Oxide, to the forum!

Don't think anyone knows for certain, but it sure looks like it's gone! They used to list it, on various sites,

with that march delivery date, but recently (earlier this month) it was either pulled off the sites, or had a

"dicontinued" notice next to the photo. MF and Sweetwater don't even list it, anymore. So...??? Doesn't

seem to promising... But, who (besides Epi, and they "ain't talkin'") reall knows?

Just (reallly) glad I got one, when they first came out!

CB

You read my mind...I was thinking about just such a thread earlier today.

I really dig mine. Great looks' date=' very comfortable to play, and it sounds awesome and has an incredible palate of tones available, both clean and dirty.

The only drawback I've found is the tuning stability. It's not horrible, but doesn't stay in tune as well as my Dot or Dot Studio. My guess would be the bridge. I've checked the nut and put some graphite in the slots, but still have tuning issues when I use the Bigsby (and no, I'm not dive bombing with it). I may consider a roller bridge some time down the line, but for now I'm fine.

It's a great guitar for sure, and a great deal at the price they're moving them at. I certainly don't regret the purchase.

[/quote']can you dive bomb with a bigsby?? i was lead to believe that you couldn't....

can you dive bomb with a bigsby?? i was lead to believe that you couldn't....

Not really, you can a little but really for that sorta stuff you want to be using Floyd rose bridges and stuff.

and what charlie brown said earlier about the vibrato tailpieces not staying in tune, well my Riviera VT SF did, then again its not a string change in 11 years. Im still getting it set up by and fixed by the local guitar fella, its had a rough life of lying about in collectors cellars.

my normal riviera which just has the frequenzinator tailpiece also never goes out either. Either do my others except for my silverburst, but then again it needs some PROPPER strings on instead of those crappy rotosounds

Archived