Gibson Brands Forums

An Experienced Eye

RichardLionhart

Hello Group,

I'm not happy at all with my Peavey Vypyr 30 amp. I've played a friend's Vox AD50VT and I have really enjoyed it. I saw this listing on e-bay tonight for a 30 watt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30-VT-30watt-Guitar-Amp-Un-used_W0QQitemZ260312795494QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260312795494&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The grille is black instead of silver like on the MF website. It also appears that the "Valvetronix" logo is missing below the Vox name. This is what makes me uncertain.

Can any of you more experienced guys here help me out in looking at the post? Do you think this is a legit item? It's awfully low priced. Makes me wonder if it's too good to be true. I'll pounce on the amp this very second and "Buy It Now" if you think I'm looking at the real deal.

I know this is Epiphone, but I trust your opinions on things like this. Thanks for the help.

Rick~

I would question the 'like new condition' phrase that is used. It looks as if the grill has been painted black as well as the Valvetronix logo. You may want to ask how long he has had this amp, how much and where he has played it, and whether he has made any modifications to it. Ask if all the simulations and effects work. Then let the answer be your guide.

It could still be chrome. Depending on how you light and shoot it, it can look kinda black.

In any case, that is their standard ADXXVT.

But you might want to hold out for their new series of modeling amps. They'll have 22 different models.

Archived