Gibson Brands Forums

How to Get an Additional Discount

Just Strum

I inadvertently found out about this.

I was at the M123 site and put some things in my shopping cart. It was an assortment of odd and end things - cable, picks, strings...

I closed the window because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy the items from M123 and I wasn't sure if I had everything I needed. I ended up forgetting about the shopping cart. About a week later, I go to one of my obscure e-mail addresses and there is an e-mail from M123 noting my idle cart full of goodies and if I proceeded to the checkout, I would get an additional 5% off my already discounted items.

So, being forgetful or procrastination can pay off.

You'll get a chuckle from this, a no-feces tale from the auto sales dept -

Old man comes into the dealership, wants to buy a car. Looks at the cheapest model on the floor. Salesman moves him up to the top model. Finance loads the car. Won't do the deal, says its too much. Comes in every day for a week, same thing. Finally, Saturday he shows up - this time he has a gym bag. Man walks into GM's office, puts the bag on his desk and starts pulling out stacks of bank-wrapped money. Looks at the GM and says, "I withdrew your entire asking price. Its in the bag. I'm going to unload money until I figure I've offered a fair price. I won't tell you what it is. Stop me anytime you figure its enough to do a deal. If you haven't taken it by the time we get to my price, I just put it all back in the bag and go buy a Ford." Gentleman got the best deal in anyone's memory. Very, very hard to resist a pile of cash that high, even when it is less than you expect, especially when the only option is nothing at all.

Archived