Gibson Brands Forums

les paul question

ledfoot916

hi all, check it out im 38 yrs old a lefty, always wanted a guitar but didnt like the hendrix idea, finally found a deal. i think it is a deal at least. i bought a fender dg-10 acoustic and a epi les paul 100 (i think its a 100)both leftys bought them for $100. i sold the fender for $100, good deal so far. ran the serial # on the epi and it comes back as a 2004 #0001 made in korea. how good of deal is it? was wondering the aprox. value the guitar is cherry. ill try to post a pic its cherry burst not a ding on it all orig. i was just wondering if it being a 0001 and a lefty, if it adds any value to it

:-k

Only to left handed people that want that particular guitar! Epiphones, as good/great as they are, are not really

"investment" instruments (save the USA originals)...so, I wouldn't worry about/count on that. You did seem to have

scored a great deal, if you got both guitars for 100 dollars! So, you can (possibly) do better than that, I'd think...if you ever wanted to sell it. But, it's not going to be of any real substantial dollar worth...beyond maybe holding it's original value (if that)?

Hang on to it, and play the Hell out of it!

CB

hi all' date=' check it out im 38 yrs old a lefty, always wanted a guitar but didnt like the hendrix idea, finally found a deal. i think it is a deal at least. i bought a fender dg-10 acoustic and a epi les paul 100 (i think its a 100)both leftys bought them for $100. i sold the fender for $100, good deal so far. ran the serial # on the epi and it comes back as a 2004 #0001 made in korea. how good of deal is it? was wondering the aprox. value the guitar is cherry. ill try to post a pic its cherry burst not a ding on it all orig. i was just wondering if it being a 0001 and a lefty, if it adds any value to it

8-[ [/quote']

for a LH, you are likely never to beat a deal like that.

If you've done any shopping, you know LHs are

a) hard to find

B) more expensive than RH

c)fewer model and color options.

New an HC LP100 is $314 at MusicianFriend

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-100-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=518664

I find I can't play fenders/fender clones very well b/c my pinky fights with the vol knob - nothing more annoying that turning off the sound while you are playing 8-[

Archived