Gibson Brands Forums

Earvana nut on my Epi Dot Deluxe

timandbob

I just installed an earvana nut on my epi dot deluxe. They say that the nut is cut for jumbo frets. So, I think I will need to file down the slots a bit to make the strings lower in the nut. I need to reseat the nut anyway, so I'll take it off and do.

Anyone else have an earvana nut on? How's it working for you? Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas will be gleefully accepted.

Thanks,

haven't tried one.. jumbo size doesn't mean height so much as thickness.

press any string third fret.. check distance between bottom of string and first fret while holding that string at the third.

should be a hairs breadth.

sometimes, can even just touch the top of the fret.

go by that and don't go too far and you'll be fine.

TWANG

haven't tried one.. jumbo size doesn't mean height so much as thickness.

press any string third fret.. check distance between bottom of string and first fret while holding that string at the third.

should be a hairs breadth.

sometimes' date=' can even just touch the top of the fret.

go by that and don't go too far and you'll be fine.

TWANG[/quote']TWANG thanks!I've read a bunch of your posts and you are very informative.

I have several' date=' and love them. If the nut is off the guitar (or removeable) don't bother deepening the slots, just sand the bottom and bring all of them down evenly.

[/quote']Thanks, I will sand the bottom. And, yes, the strings are high at the nut so I need to bring down the bottom of the nut.

Archived