Gibson Brands Forums

LP Questions

tramber

I just purchased a used Les Paul Standard Plus and I have a couple of questions regarding it. I don't know if it makes any difference but the LP was made in April of this year (2008).

1) What type and size of wrench is used to adjust the truss rod?

2) What type of finish is used on the guitar?

Thanks - Doug

I just purchased a used Les Paul Standard Plus and I have a couple of questions regarding it. I don't know if it makes any difference but the LP was made in April of this year (2008).

1) What type and size of wrench is used to adjust the truss rod?

2) What type of finish is used on the guitar?

Thanks - Doug

IIRC, .....

1) a 4mm Allen key

2) Poly finish (thick and hard and shiny, compared to nitro, like Gibsons) Poly will nick/scratch/gouge if bumped around, but won't "wear" , per se......taken care of, it'll look new for many many years (if not more 8-[ )

Congrats on the new guitar.

The finish is poly. The wrench should have come with the guitar' date=' if not, it is an allen wrench. I'll check the size on mine and get back.[/quote'] Yeah the wrench should come with it ..... funny thing, I had my guitar for over 9 months thinking the Allen key didn't come with it .... last month, I found it in a little plastic bag stuck inside our couch....... must've gotten dropped there in my unpacking frenzy on delivery day 8-[

Archived