Gibson Brands Forums

Stereo 1/4 inch to Two 1/4 inch for an LP Ultra II

51xt33

Any one have any ideas where I could find a 15-20 foot cable that has a 1/4" stereo jack on 1 end and Y out to (2) 1/4" mono on the other end? I currently have (2) 20' instrument cables zip stripped together to run between my Ultra II and POD X3 Live. I would really like to cut it down to just 1 cable. The only thing I can find (other than Y-Adaptors) that has any length to it is something like this and I don't think it is what I am really looking for.

Hosa Insert Cable (Stereo 1/4 inch Phone to Two 1/4 inch Phone)

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--HOSSTP20

If you want left from one mono out and right from the other then it looks like it should do the job. However if you want the left and right combined to mono on each mono connector then no. The picture looks like it's two cables fused together at the stereo end and split at some point before the mono ends.

Most common convention indicates left is tip and right is ring. Doesn't matter as long as you determine which is which when you hook it up.

Hi,

I have been wondering about this same idea myself from my guitar or amp to my computer USB sound card. I have used a few y-adapters for audio connections. Like connecting audio cables to a TV device does not work because of different resistance. The one thing I have to check is if the resistance (ohms) matches up. Good luck!

Archived