Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera P93 - How is the Honeymoon?

MarkW

I know several of ya'll purchased one of these in October. Are you still enamored with it? Have you discovered anything you don't like?

CB - How would you compare the neck to your other Riviera? My Jorma Riviera has a thicker or wider neck than my MIK Riv. I much prefer the larger neck.

Thanks in advance for your observations.

I'm still very happy with mine. The only things I changed on mine were strings and Straploks. I love the pickups and tonal variations it offers. It's definitely a keeper, and as such, I plan to have the frets leveled at some point and I would like to install a roller bridge. Beyond that I just plan to keep playing it. I don't regret the purchase at all.

No regrets from here. I seems to have extinguished my GAS for the three-pickup Zephyr that was discontinued (I know, it's like getting a kitten to help with the loss of a dog or vice versa). I'm impressed with the workmanship of it, it plays nicely, and the tonal range is more than I ever utilize.

everything 6string said. I have held off playing it this month to clean her up for christmas day display, since it is my gift from the family.

6string. explain fret level to a newbie please. still to young to know if it is needed on a guitar. what are issues to look for?

i plan to get roller brigde i got for 98 coronet at stemac, design for bigsby. it really works well with the bigsby on coronet. i will try on p-93 soon.

Archived