Gibson Brands Forums

Question re: Selling Guitars

geetar playr

Hey all,

Since we're in a recession, and times are tight, I was going to thin out the herd after x-mas:-({|=

What is the forum's policy on notifying members of items on Ebay? (I don't want to be tagged as a spammer!).

Also, does anyone have tips for selling Epiphones on Ebay?

Alright, any advice would be appreciated!

I haven't sold a guitar on ebay, but I have sold a banjo. I have also sold an amp and other stuff. I have bought a couple of guitars from ebay.

Here are a few tips.

1) Build up some positive feedback first. Sell some less expensive items first in order to do this. People will be more likey to trust you and buy from you.

2) Do research. Look at guitars similar to yours to see what they are selling for. Look at auctions that are already over to see what the items sold for (they provide a way to do this).

3) Look all over the internet for free Ebay tips and advice. There is tons of it to be found.

Hey' date=' I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to tell other forum members about some gear you are selling. I mean it's not like you are using the forum just to drum up business, you are a regular contributor just giving us a heads up. Cool!!!!!!![/quote']

Hey there, yeah....I know people post about admin deleting posts and banning people, so I wanted to tread lightly:-"

Archived