Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles and Epiphone Thread

Growler

I forget who said it, but in an interview one guitar player said when asked what they needed to learn to be able to play modern music, he replied, "Learn everything the Beatles ever did and you will have the chops to be able to play almost anything you need to."

Pretty true statement. Their music ran the gamut in terms of versatility

Well, at that time (at least) he probably had to be the "control freak," to get anything done. John was

into "Yoko" more than anything else, apparently...and "drugs" too. George was getting further away from

the "Fab's" all the time, as well. Ringo hated to see what was happening, too. So, Paul needed to be

the "leader," at that point. But...even with all the turmoil, bad feelings..when they got it together, they

still "cooked" like no one else!

As strange as this might sound, I actually was (on some level) intrigued by "Let It Be," because it showed

them as a "band," like any other band. Fighting, having fun, creating, doing things that "bands" do. That was

almost a "relief," in a way...to see them, like US, in so many ways. It might not have been their "finest hour,"

as a band, but they were definitely "human!" I liked that film, for that reason, as well as getting to see them

create some (still) great music.

CB

Archived