Gibson Brands Forums

I just sold my "INVESTMENT"p93 for $510.00. Could have gotten more.

ChrisKevin

.....don't browse ebay while enjoying a couple of glasses of wine

Here's a Christmas recipe I'm sure you'll love:

Recipe For Christmas Rum Cake

Ingredients:

* 1 or 2 qts. of rum

* 1 cup butter

* 1/8 tsp. sugar

* 2 large eggs

* 1 cup dried fruit

* baking powder

* 1 tsp. baking soda

* lemon juice

* brown sugar

* nuts

Directions:

1. Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.

2. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right! To be sure the rum is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

3. With an electric mixer, beat butter in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanshile, it’s important to make sure the rum is of the finest quality—try another cup.

4. Open the second quart of rum if necessary. Add 1 arge leggs, 2 cups of fried druits and beat till high.

5. If the druits get stuck in the beats, just pru it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again for cinscistincy.

6. Next, sift 3 cups of salt and feffer (it really doesn’t matter). Sample the wum again.

7. Sift 1 pint of lemon goose, add 1 bablespoon of brown thugar, of whatever color tou can find. Mix well. Grease oven, turn cake pan to 350 greeds.

8. Noe, pour the whole mess sinto the boven and ake. Check the crum again and go to bed.

old real estate saying

For every seat there is an a$$.

Meaning no matter what you are selling' date=' there is someone out there looking for it. [/quote']

I'm one of those. When I bought my Dot on ebay, I was under the impression that the MF price for them was about $800, so I paid more than the MF price for a used Dot. Got into one of those bidding wars and ended up paying for it. But, it is a good guitar, so I'm not all that upset about it. =D>

I'm one of those. When I bought my Dot on ebay' date=' I was under the impression that the MF price for them was about $800, so I paid more than the MF price for a used Dot. Got into one of those bidding wars and ended up paying for it. But, it is a good guitar, so I'm not all that upset about it. =D> [/quote']

Just to clarify and not insult anyone - the saying has nothing to do with a buyer or person being an a$$, all it means is that any item for sale has a buyer (at least one).

Another way of saying it would be "for every seat, there is someone that wants to sit down"

Just to clarify and not insult anyone - the saying has nothing to do with a buyer or person being an a$$' date=' all it means is that any item for sale has a buyer (at least one).

Another way of saying it would be "for every seat, there is someone that wants to sit down"[/quote']

But in my case, the a$$ seems so relevant. I have read that much of what is sold on ebay goes for more than it is worth. It is just matching the right person with the right object. Or in my case, getting into an auctioning faceoff...and winning.

I don't see a problem with letting people on this forum know you're selling an Epiphone.

We're all here for the same thing, (I think) Goof info and some banter. Oops. Did I say goof? I meant good.

As far as selling it for more than you paid for it, GOOD 4 U!! Open market is still alive.

I don't see a problem with letting people on this forum know you're selling an Epiphone.

We're all here for the same thing' date=' (I think) Goof info and some banter. Oops. Did I say goof? I meant good.

As far as selling it for more than you paid for it, GOOD 4 U!! Open market is still alive.

[/quote']

Are we allowed to ask why the seller is asking more than what the guitar costs new with a warranty and a return policy from an authorized dealer? That was the issue here. I think that's a question that isn't too off base.

The other issue (that seems to be mine alone) is that the newbie asks the people on the forum to bid on their guitar on ebay, which naturally drives up the price to the detriment of everyone except the seller.

Therein lies the problem: the seller either asks for a price above the price of a new guitar, or he asks the members to compete for it. When someone offers to sell a guitar (not on ebay) for a price that is less than one would spend on the guitar NEW, now, that would be nice. Has that ever happened?

While you' date=' time and time again, define through example what it means to be a forum jerk off...

Nelson[/quote']

I think one of you forum regulars started the Nelson ID as a joke. lol. It's just too funny.

Someone who used the nom de plume of "Troll" called Charlie and me jerk-offs a few months ago. I suspect that it was Nelson under one of his aliases.

How does he know what you guys do when you aren't playing guitar (said jokingly)

Besides, I always considered it good strumming hand exercise.

I'm one of those. When I bought my Dot on ebay' date=' I was under the impression that the MF price for them was about $800, so I paid more than the MF price for a used Dot. Got into one of those bidding wars and ended up paying for it. But, it is a good guitar, so I'm not all that upset about it. :- [/quote']Shows how clueless you really are.

Archived