Gibson Brands Forums

Just started writing. What do you think?

MWGuitarman

I play alone in my basement. I've always wanted to try writing. These are my first three attempts. I lay the drums down on the computer where I want them but I play both guitar parts when there is two and I also have a digitech RP250 that lets me record my 6 string electric as a bass, so that's me playing the simple bass lines as well. I'm pretty excited and wanted to get some feedback. They're very short tracks, but it's a start.

Each of the three tracks has a very different feel.

http://www.myspace.com/breakingfromyesterday

Not bad MW!

However the first one, sleepwalking, almost put me to sleep. I like the other two more. I like the "string squeaks" you can hear on the 3rd song as your fingers slide on the strings.

Good job! ;)

Not bad MW!

However the first one' date=' sleepwalking, almost put me to sleep. I like the other two more. I like the "string squeaks" you can hear on the 3rd song as your fingers slide on the strings.

Good job! =D> [/quote']

Thanks man. Yeah, the repeating hypnotic song was written at 1:00 in the morning and I was really tired. I think I went into a trance while writing it, hence the name "sleep walking" It's not the type of music I normally play, just what came out at the moment.

Archived