Gibson Brands Forums

blue ace frehley epiphone??

acewarslave

As far as i know.. I know there are 3 different colours for the Epiphone Ace Frehley

- Heritage Cherryburst

- Black

- Silver/blue burst

The similar model, retails at about 1000-1500 US $, they have discontinued black and the silver/blue and only the heritage cherry burst is available now. though there are some black and blue ones in stores...the blue ones are very rare to find rarer than the black ones.. and ya they are not fake.. It Exists... but would love to see someone here who's got it..I don't own one though...:-

acebluehc9.jpg

Tnx' date=' it's not an Epiphone tho.

If you want to be sure there's always customerservice.[/quote']

oh ya the pic shown over at the beginning " the epiphone ace frehley" was sent by the customer service and they said that it no longer is made, only heritage cherry burst is being made now....

oh ya the pic shown over at the beginning " the epiphone ace frehley" was sent by the customer service and they said that it no longer is made' date=' only heritage cherry burst is being made now....[/quote']

Really? Interesting... I was almost sure it was a fake advertisement with the authographed LP and all... I must be getting paranoid with all this fake stuff.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. It being built for the Japanese market would explain why most of us didn't know it existed. I love that blue-burst also. It looks very similiar to the finish Gibson did on the Les Paul Goddess.

i have always liked the Ace Frehley models but can't stand the tacky photo of Ace on the headstock.

Guest alanhindle

Shock me!

Ace using a silver/blue Les Paul would have been cool with one of his space suits (particularly the late '70s one with the cape).

I may be wrong here but, looking at some of his performances this year on youtube it may well be that ACE is no longer using hs own signature Gibsons (maybe because he signed away the rights to the 'Space Ace' alter ego when he rejoined Kiss).

On these clips he's using a regular 3 pickup custom in Heritage Cherry Sunburst:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNJkZ9grq8&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9VF8GDZxs&feature=related

Anyway, for a proper third colour option in the signature series, there should be a strobing light model like this one:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqUAbGMjLI

PS. I also like Mr. Stanley's shattered mirror Iceman on this video.

Alan

hey thanks to those links there alan..i had one of the paul stanley icemans not with the cracked mirror but some rotten sod stole it..dot really like pauls current choice of guitars,ive got one of the cheaper chinese copys its pretty ordinary...ihave one of the silvertone models as well its ok only played 5 or 6 times...much prefer aces choice in guitars..

Archived