Gibson Brands Forums

New Sheraton, yes or no?

sledge57

MST,

Where did you buy your Sheraton, I've been looking everywhere to get one on the cheap. Lowest I've found was at GuitarGuitar so far which was for around £440 without the hardcase.

The Sheraton is such a nice guitar and I would like one in Natural, I played it in the shop yesterday and it just plays itself, flawless instrument.

I bought the Sheri' date=' natural finish, but just saw the post about Dot Deluxe at GC for $315.

Having second (more like 200) thoughts about the Sheri, that Dot for half of what I paid is tempting.............[/quote']

The Dot Deluxe clearance sale is "in store only, while supplies last".........I may be fixing to pawn my liver IF

my local GC still has 1

MST' date='

Where did you buy your Sheraton, I've been looking everywhere to get one on the cheap. Lowest I've found was at GuitarGuitar so far which was for around £440 without the hardcase.

The Sheraton is such a nice guitar and I would like one in Natural, I played it in the shop yesterday and it just plays itself, flawless instrument.[/quote']

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-sheraton/30

its £439 with hard case.

i went to my local guitar shop, played it then went and found it cheap online.

i got it in natural. would have chosen black myself but i know someone with a blank one and they dont do the dark sunburst anymore, which was the best colour.

the gold finishing on my sheraton started coming off straight away, i couldnt care less to be honest. great guitar, but the pickups arent the best.

i think i did, ive bought a lot of stuff from there, amps, pedals etc and my mate bought his epi dot from there.

good service and fast delivery (under a week)

i think its always better to go out and play the guitars in a shop, then simply buy them for £100+ cheaper online.

im just gutted they stopped making the old sunburst colour.

like this one -

Epiphone-Sheraton-II.jpg

yeah its very oasis like.

the lead from kings of leon uses that guitar.

thats a decent deal, i had to sandpaper a part down, strings kept on snapping about a week after i bought it. (mid gig, not good) but since i did that its been fine.

but as my other topic suggests, the humbuckers seem a tad dull. but with the right amp i suppose this can be changed without chancing the stock humbuckers.

Archived