Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Studio Dot EE factory

captmidnight

OK...I have tried some dots before...now don't get mad but I hate that chunky a$$ neck on them....thing is I have found one bought less than a month ago s# EE0805xxxx for 100 bucks...guy needing the money for some trucker school.

Now the question...all the Dots I have tried were not the EE Models but Korean...are the necks any slimmer on the china made ones? I would just go check this one out but it's a round trip of 120 miles... I know at that price I should jump all over it...but if I won't like it why buy it???

Capt

The neck on my Chinese made Dot Studio is chunkier than the neck on my Korean made Dot.

Where is it...I'd give him $100 for it.

It's in Pensacola 6string...he won't ship it do to the fact he needs the money this week. Drop me an email if you are interested and I'll give you his phone number. OR I could buy it for you and we could swap for the purty lil P-93 you got.... #-o

Capt

It's in Pensacola 6string...he won't ship it do to the fact he needs the money this week. Drop me an email if you are interested and I'll give you his phone number

Capt

Ahhh, too far of a drive. I'm just outside Orlando. If it were closer I'd check it out. Thanks for the offer though.

im the other way round:

my EE 07 worn brown dot studio has the really slim neck

my R 05 Korean dot has a fat neck

my U 07 korean Sheraton II is in between those two

and my T 05 Valensi elitist riviera has the perfect neck, it does not compare to any of my other ones.

Ahhh' date=' too far of a drive. I'm just outside Orlando. If it were closer I'd check it out. Thanks for the offer though.

[/quote']

Just 6 months ago I was down there....3 years in mouse town was way to much! at least I was in a little town that is getting eaten up by Orlando as it just keeps growing. You near Ocoee by chance 6string?

Capt

My Dot Studio (and '04 EE) has the slimmest neck on any archtop I own. The spread of answers here makes me think that, no matter what the ad says, the neck you get is random and more likely to be fat because there are more fat blanks in the bin, and maybe it might take more work to scrape down and shape a thin from a fat one.

Just 6 months ago I was down there....3 years in mouse town was way to much! at least I was in a little town that is getting eaten up by Orlando as it just keeps growing. You near Ocoee by chance 6string?

Capt

I'm in Winter Haven. Just got back from Longwood on the NE side of Orlando...had to go pick up a Craigslist find.

Archived