Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas Continues...Craigslist Find

L1Picker

What a way to finish up the 12th day of Christmas. A guy won a brand new Dot (case candy and all) from work, complete with Epi hard case, leather Levy's strap, and Schaller strap locks. He didn't want it, so for a very attractive price, it's now mine. I may use it as a trade toward my Broadway if they'll give me a premium over what I paid.

I adjusted the truss rod, action, and pickups, tightened the jack, and she's good to go.

DSC00349450x600.jpg

Nice score there 6string! hows the neck? still thinking about the Dot studio here.

Capt

It's a EE and it's chunky. I like this neck profile though, so I don't see it as a negative.

For $100, you never know. That Dot Studio just might grow on you.

I didn't get this one for $100...that was the price Captmidnight could get the Dot Studio for. I paid $175 for this one. I took it to GC today and am getting $200 for it on trade, and it will knock another $14 off the tax. So I made $39 cash, and get to keep the Epi hard case and Levy's strap. I'm very happy with that.

You only made $39 on the whole deal? Is the case going to fit the next guitar you buy? I think if it were me' date='I'd have kept the whole shebang- nice guitar ...whoever's hands it ends up in. They'll probably put another $50 on it. [/quote']

When you consider the $200 value of the guitar alone for trade in, I made $39 ($25 premium and the $14 it saves me in taxes), I got a brand new Epi hard case that sells for $89 to put my Dot Studio in, and a $30 Levy's strap (which is the same style I already use and like). With that, I'm ahead $158, which means I nearly doubled my money. And yes, they're selling the guitar for $250.

Archived