Gibson Brands Forums

Beating The Dead Horse Topic: Sheraton II Bridge

Synaptic02

hello all-

i recently purchased an early 90's sheraton ii in tobacco burst (w. gold hardware) and that is pretty tarnished and i'd like to replace all of it. i've read many many posts on here regarding the replacement of the early samick sheraton ii bridges, and finally got an exact part number that i needed to order from wd music (DC103G or something like that.) so i emailed them and they told me it had been discontinued a month ago. i could get it in chrome, but not in gold.

long story short, does anyone know where/how/if i can get this (or another equivilant) piece somewhere else? i'm really not looking to do any drilling or anything. any information or help would be appreciated.]

hello all-

i recently purchased an early 90's sheraton ii in tobacco burst (w. gold hardware) and that is pretty tarnished and i'd like to replace all of it. i've read many many posts on here regarding the replacement of the early samick sheraton ii bridges' date=' and finally got an exact part number that i needed to order from wd music (DC103G or something like that.) so i emailed them and they told me it had been discontinued a month ago. i could get it in chrome, but not in gold.

long story short, does anyone know where/how/if i can get this (or another equivilant) piece somewhere else? i'm really not looking to do any drilling or anything. any information or help would be appreciated.']

Hi Synatic,..Welcome to the Forum!

What was the exact part number that wdmusic gave you?

thanks so much! especially for the quick response!

the exact part number i'm looking for is "GE103DG"...they said they have "GE103DC" which is the same part but in chrome' date=' but the gold has been discontinued...? :-s[/quote']

You could try a after market roller Bridge which some members of the forum (see TWANG's thread on Bridge replacement).

You can get this bridge from All Parts part no. GB 0595-010 chrome roller bridge

http://www.allparts.com/store/chrome-roller-tunematic,Product.asp

A WORD OF WARNING!!! #-o

*********Unfortunately, many of the MIK Sheratons have different sized Bridge post spacings.********

As an example, I ordered the above roller bridge and found that it is unfortunately 3mm to small and would not fit. I am still in search of a suitable replacement bridge

Good Luck!!!!

I have one in gold.

It has been on mine for like. three months.

I just took it off.

It's pristine.

I took it off because I switched to .011s and the saddles on the new one are stock..

on my old bridge I did two things.

I filed the sharp edges of each saddle off so they wouldn't scratch into my palms so much.

and I changed the height of each saddle to better match the radius of my neck, and reduce the height of the saddles above the bridge.

When I put .011s on my new bridge, I found the height was too much for these fattys, so I put the old bridge on.

I am not supposed to sell things in here.

BUT, since this is no longer available. And the only exact fit.

I'll let you have mine if you want it.

Again, it's just like new. no tarnish no work done, nothing.

I can go ahead and get a roller for mine. In fact, I already have one, and I can do the modifications since I do them all the time anyway.

This is NOT a sales pitch from a business..This is a personal offer from me as an epiphone supporter and forum member to another guitarist.

I got mine for less because I'm a dealer.

I'll sell it to you for less, too.

I hope this doesn't get me booted.. and if the mods want to tell me not to sell it to you, I wont.

I will post exact modifications and process with pics when I install the new roller bridge on mine.

I'm really surprised that episheriman had so much difference that his wouldn't fit.

And sorry, though I knew I couldn't predict every guitar, I really expected a bad fit to be the rarity and not be the first other person to

try it.

So there you go. I knew I should have ordered more of these when I had the chance.

But I'll part with mine since for the Epi forum.

I don't remember, I think they were 35.00 in gold? list. So I'll check my reciepts and if you want it, pm me, and I'll tell you what it cost me.

TWANG

I'm assuming episheriman wants a roller bridge and is going to continue to persue that avenue.

Archived