Gibson Brands Forums

Serial Number Translation

Norseman

I know this topic has been covered a zillion times. However, my serial number seems to be way off. According to the info. I've been able to find, my LP won't be made until 2010 LOL.

I just bought a used Epi LP. The serial number is 101082477. Anybody have any ideas? I'm thinking the production year must be 82 ...but I haven't been able to find any S/N translations that would clue me in to if I'm right or wrong.

Any ideas?

I know this topic has been covered a zillion times. However' date=' my serial number seems to be way off. According to the info. I've been able to find, my LP won't be made until 2010 LOL.

I just bought a used Epi LP. The serial number is 101082477. Anybody have any ideas? I'm thinking the production year must be 82 ...but I haven't been able to find any S/N translations that would clue me in to if I'm right or wrong.

Any ideas?[/quote']

Try to use a I instead of a 1, (I) stands for the Saein plant in Korea.

01 = 2001, 08 = august and 2477 production number.

Peter

Is there any way to track it to the exact day? It would be really cool if my guitar was made on my birthday' date=' Jan. 30... :-k [/quote']

Right! That would be cool to know. Not in my case, but I guess if yours was "born" the same month as you, I'd really want to know what day!

Archived