Gibson Brands Forums

Wilshire Re-Issue Pot/Knob Size

intellivised

Hello! My name is Craig. I'm a brand new Epiphone owner as of yesterday and brand new to these forums as of right this second. I *just* got an Epiphone Wilshire re-issue (the arctic white/full sized humbuckers one that they are selling @ Guitar Center/on Musicians Friend).

Anyways! Everything on the guitar has been great besides one thing...

I was carefully pulling up the knobs to remove the plastic and one of the four pretty much shattered as soon as I touched it. I'm not in love with the knobs anyway and was wondering...

What are the size of the pots? I really would like to replace all 4 with something a little nicer, but can't for the life of me find information regarding the size of the pots/what knobs to get. Any information on the size/where to get replacement knobs would be *GREATLY* appreciated.

Actually there is no backplate... It seems like a LOT of work just to get the pickguard up. I'm going to hope for an on-line solution first - maybe someone else here will know.

I could always take/upload a picture of the post.

privat message TWANG, he will know.... And dont pull the pick guard, that thing is flimsy and can crack if you're not careful.

Oh - and if this makes a difference I have a Kramer and pulled the metal knob right off and put it on the Epi no problems. And I was able to get the Kramer backplate off. All I found was that the pots say "ALPHA" on the back and that I was glad I took the backplate off... My switch was loose and I got that tightened up.

Archived