Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-1 vs AJ-100, is there a difference?

trossit

Does anyone know the difference between the AJ1 and the AJ100? Thank you.

Are you referring to the AJ100? I don't see an AJ1 in the product line. I had an AJ10 for a while, so I know there are models that aren't currently on the product lineup......

If you were asking about the difference between the current AJ100 and the AJ200S models, the difference is that the AJ100 is an all laminate guitar and the AJ200S has a solid wood top. This means that the AJ100 sounds as good right now as it ever will, while the AJ200S will start to age and the sound will improve as the solid wood soundboard undergoes that process.

My AJ10 was quite a nice guitar for the purpose for which I used it, it was a campfire guitar and I really liked it for that. Drop a piece of firewood or a beer bottle on the soundboard, no problem--it's laminate, it won't crack. Try that with the solid wood topped AJ200S and you'll be [-o< !

Fill us in more on the AJ1, please......I'd suspect it to be an all laminate guitar, as was my AJ10.

Dugly O:)

Depending upon where you buy an 'entry level' jumbo Epiphone, I have seen AJ1, AJ10, AJ90, AJ100.

If they are of the same construction, I suspect it's a marketing exclusivity thing.

Both MF and M123 list an AJ1. Both, not surprisingly, have them listed as MSRP: $199. On sale for $99.00.

"Epiphone AJ-1 Acoustic Guitar Features:

Spruce top

Mahogany back, sides, and neck

Rosewood fretboard with pearl inlays

Body binding

Chrome hardware

Unmatched value

Epiphone AJ-1 Acoustic Guitar Includes:

limited lifetime warranty"

No case, no tuner, no strap, no mitt full of picks. Just the guit tar.

I have an AJ18-SNA, always thought it to be a decent entry level acoustic - my wife bought it in '99-ish and doesn't recall what it cost ..... has held up well over the years (only one gouge in the finish) and stays in tune forever !!! :)

Archived