Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Tom Delonge - install a neck pickup

nunonaos

Besides which, for the amount you spend on the parts, for not too much more you could get a nice Dot that already has 2 pickups, 2 volume knobs, 2 tone controls and a 3-way switch already assembled.

Possible? Certainly

A Worthwhile Idea? maybe --- if you really want the experience of doing it yourself.

well, i like that guitar, the looks.

I would go for the dot but i just don't like them that much.

I'm not a blink 182 fan or nothing like that, i just like the guitar, i wouldn't do the drilling myself, it would be a tech, but if the guitar doesn't have the hole for the pickup it may be hard, right?

Thanks

edit:

maybe you guys could name some guitars (es-333-es-335) with a similar or near similar look and 2 pickups for me, i would apreciate it.

cheers

I have one. Here's the problem:

You need to rout out the cavity for a humbucker pickup. The cover that is there is only covering up the neck joint. It is NOT big enough for anything.

(You could mount a nano pickup from the LP Ultra on top of it and nobody would notice.)

A P90 dogear will fit also. I just checked.

In fact, if you were going to do this, I would consider a high output P90 to match, or even come close, to the high output of the dirty fingers PU.

This guitar REALLY drives a tube amp nicely.

If you wanted a switch, that would have to be drilled, along with any additional volumne/tone pots that you might want. Then just wire it up normally.

I agree, the finish on the guitar is unique. I love it. The neck is SUPER fast.

Archived