Gibson Brands Forums

to mod or not to mod... sentimental 1st LP standard

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

i have a pair of burstbuckers that i dropped into my classic quilt top epi LP standard.

they sound amazing, but im thinking of putting the burstbuckers into my plus top LP standard as it was my very first epiphone and it turned me on the glory of the les paul.

they are open coil pickups so they'll make her look mean.

and as for my classic quilt top, there are these "powered by lace" humbuckers that I was surprisingly impressed by. Since they are made by lace they have quite possibly some of the best clarity and clean tones while retaining some teeth when the gain is up. They are moderate output (9.4k neck, 10.5k bridge) but they sound so good.

and get this.... 30 bucks a piece. unheard of value.

i tried them out in a project slab bodied LP special II and im still impressed.

but alas, im tempted to leave it stock since it was my second electric and what i consider to be my first REAL guitar.

heh, she's got the ace frehely cherry burst

i have a pair of burstbuckers that i dropped into my classic quilt top epi LP standard.

they sound amazing' date=' but im thinking of putting the burstbuckers into my plus top LP standard as it was my very first epiphone and it turned me on the glory of the les paul.

they are open coil pickups so they'll make her look mean.

and as for my classic quilt top, there are these "powered by lace" humbuckers that I was surprisingly impressed by. Since they are made by lace they have quite possibly some of the best clarity and clean tones while retaining some teeth when the gain is up. They are moderate output (9.4k neck, 10.5k bridge) but they sound so good.

and get this.... 30 bucks a piece. unheard of value.

i tried them out in a project slab bodied LP special II and im still impressed.

but alas, im tempted to leave it stock since it was my second electric and what i consider to be my first REAL guitar.

heh, she's got the ace frehely cherry burst[/quote'] Mod it ...... if worst comes to worst and you don't like the mods, you can always return her to stock......unless you do something out of the ordinary to it in modding. Chances are, anything you're considering to it will improve the tone/playability/whatever. Of course, I say that as I sit here holding my bone stock Std+ =D>

Guest icantbuyafender

thanks guys.

looks like she's getting burstbuckers and the quilttop classic is getting some powered by Lace pups.

hope the quilt top doesn't get jealous when I take out her gibby pups... I knew they belonged in my first real electric guitar- not my ever changing "mod LP" .... what was I thinkin!? she shall sing in a gibson voice!!!

Archived